Sunday, March 1, 2009

Sometimes....

sometimes I sing in the shower
because I like the sound of my voice
as the water runs over my ears

sometimes I go barefoot
because the feel of the earth
directly under my feet
reminds me that I will someday again
be one with the earth

sometimes I eat the chocolate
around the outside of a Reese's Peanut Butter cup
because the peanut butter is the best part
and I like to save the best for last

sometimes I pray on stars
believing that the spirit can hear me
because with the stars there is
no judgment
no response
no expectation

sometimes I dry my hair
on the cool setting
and let the dryer just sit and blow
directly on my face
because it makes me feel like a supermodel
just for a moment

sometimes I have to hold my chest
because it feels like my love-filled heart
is about to beat through my skin
and burst through my chest

sometimes I sit and stare at the toaster
waiting for the toast to pop
because I want so see if
just once
I won't flinch like I always do

sometimes I just sit
and listen to the quiet
and the noise
and the silliness
and the sadness
because I am fortunate enough to still be able to do so

sometimes I write
and write
and write
and write...

1 comment:

Terry said...

Starla: My mom and I are sitting here having coffee, reading your blog. LOVE the last two entries. We're sure they're all amazing; we need to leave now so we can't read more. My mom says you're amazing...and 'neat'. She loves that word. Only uses it on people she feels are worthy enough to be labeled as such. Love you--
T & G